Welcome to Oxford and the Manor Road Building. We hope you enjoy studying here. Here is a brief introduction to IT in Oxford and the role of the Manor Road Team within this.
Here is the Student Induction presentation that you will have received in Week 0: http://prezi.com/bp8osxdzkwid/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy
There are some key things to get set up when you first arrive in Oxford:
- Make sure you activate your Oxford SSO (Webauth) account - access to email, Eduroam Wifi and Library resources depend on this.
- Connect to Nexus email to ensure that you receive important communications from the University and your department.
- Ensure that you have received an email from Manor Road IT detailing your account for access to your Department IT resources.
- Set up Eduroam for wireless access around Oxford: Eduroam Setup Information
- If your course has a taught element that includes the use of STATA read the information STATA.
Information about IT in Oxford is a little dispersed and may come from IT Services, your college and your Department. It can sometimes be difficult to find a single place with all the relevant information in it. The Links on this page may help you with common key services and questions.
Setup guide for Nexus email across a range of device types.
Setup guide for Eduroam service across a range of device types.
Instructions to configure AnywherePrint for your Windows, Mac or Linux device. Uses the Canon Multifunction Printers in Manor Road.
Learn more about entitlement and access to the Manor Road Virtual Desktop service.
Learn more about access to Stata in Manor Road.